Website Page Load Time Will Increase Business Revenue
“Conversion of Visitor to Client is biggest thing ever, and it’s only done by (WPLT) Website Page Load Time.” – Tabassum
It is an average amount of time to load your website & show on screen. Sometimes cheap unlimited ssd web hosting services are also responsible for your page load time. It is calculated from starting (when you tick or click on a page link or type in a Web address) to completion (when the page is entirely loaded in the browser).
A one-second holds up in website page load time yields:
- 11% fewer page views
- 16% decrease in customer satisfaction
- 7% loss in conversions
Because of few second extra which causes huge impact on your ability to engage visitors and make sales.
Means having a fastest site its not just essential for ranking well with google but it also very important for keeping your bottom-line profits high.
Why is my website getting slow down?
Following points shows the important reasons why website loading time increases:
- High-resolution images
- Uploading larger sized images
- Unnecessarily increase the size of your web page
- Server performance
- Server location
- Lots of traffic
- Code density
- Extra-large images (and complex file format)
- Text graphics
- Too many file requests (RTTs)
- Too many plugins in CMS Application website
- Unnecessary redirects
- An out-dated CMS
- Spamming Comment allow on website blog
How Speed of the Website can improve your Revenue?
World most popular brand Myntra having website size 2.1MB. And generated 21% more revenue by improving the site speed from 7 seconds to 1.18 seconds.
Another Example we taking against Amazon: Its also world’s most & first level Brand in E-commerce website. Amazon also reduces the website page load time & increase revenue by 37%.
Amazon decreases & minifies the factors which effect on page load time. Now Amazon having website page size 4.3 MB but page loads time is 1.45 sec.
Google maintain the track record of web speed to rank websites. You can check speed of your own website or any website with below tool.
Simply enter your web page’s URL and select a testing region and that’s it: Pingdom will test your page load speed every 30 minutes
On the basis of recent calculated formula you can improve 2-3% of conversion ratio by speed up of the website. Myntra, Amazon, Uber, FlipKart and Zomato tech-experts decreasing the page load time & increase speed of the site load with less than 2 seconds.
- Myntra increased 21% revenue along with 35% increased page views average.
- Amazon got 37% Revenue & 48% increase in the traffic visitors.
Flipkart got 40 million more downloads by upgrading in the page speed 2.1 seconds fast.
Is slow Website Page Load Time Effects on My Revenue factor?
If you having a slower blog website. Then it reduces number of clicks and it also causes on conversion rate. A plenty of research have proved that the average visitors will evacuate your website. If it is not load in less than 3-4 seconds then its very much drop an impact on revenue.
The following info graphics explains everything. Website performance is impact on conversion rate, if your website page load time higher one.
Slow website speed is dis-appoint to visitors are likely to build negative impact. And build bad perception about your business in market by mouth spread.
How can we speed up Our Website Page Load Time?
There are many factors that influence on your site to load. Speed up your website & Improve Conversion ratio.
There are various ways which are as follow:
1] Minimize HTTP & Https URL Request
By reducing this number of http requests will speed up your site. To minimize requests Right-click on the page you want to Analyse, and click “Inspect” then click the “Network” tab. Once open network section there is pop-up request for Ctrl+R then you can analyse your website. (If you don’t see the “Network” tab, you may need to expand the Developer Tools sidebar by dragging the left border to the right.)
To secure your website with https from http with redirection you must read the linked article.
2] Minify and combine the largely coded files
- They also add to the number of requests your site makes every time a user visits it.
- By “minifying” and combining your files, You can reduce this number. This reduces the size of each file, as well as the total number of files.
- Minifying a file involves removing unnecessary formatting, whitespace, and unnecessary code.
- If your site runs on WordPress, plugins like WP Rocket it make the process easy. It ask you the options while installing the plugin, which files you want to minify.
- If you have this plugin installed, go the “Static Files” tab and check the files you want to minify and combine.
Then, hit “Save Changes” to complete the process.
When it comes to your website, leaner is better. The fewer elements on a page, the fewer HTTP requests make your browser fast and effective one.
You can also optimize the files in two different ways which are as follows:
- Synchronously and
Loading files asynchronously, provide speed to your web pages. Because when a browser loads a page, it moves from top to bottom.
Using the similar “Static Files” tab of the WP Rocket plugin, and check the options next to “Render-blocking CSS/JS.”
Just Click on “Save Changes,” and then test your site to make sure that everything loads perfectly.
5] Minimize time to first byte i.e TTFB (Time To First Byte)
TTFB – Time to First Byte. It is an amount of time for a browser has to wait before getting its first byte of data from the server. Google suggest a TTFB of less than 0.2 sec or 200 ms.
When a visitor visits your site, their browser sends an HTTP request to the server that hosts it. Between that initial request and the first byte of data three step will happen
- DNS lookup
- Server processing
If you use Developer Tools it’s very important to know response time can be affected by your Internet connection. So if your connection is slow, then your server response will be slow.
To access these details in Developer Tools, click the “Network” tab and mouse over the top item in the “Waterfall Model” column.
6] Reduce the Server Response Time to Quick Page Load
- How much faster your web page load? It depends on the amount of time your DNS lookup takes.
- DNS server is translates the URL or domain name into the IP address that indicates its location online.
- Slow DNS, takes more time to locate your location for browsers. Faster DNS provider can speed up the process. Because, faster internet connection track location faster as compared to slower internet connection.
7] Run a compression audit for Quicker Page Load Time
- Compression is essential to speed up your web site, you can use GID Network to run a compression audit.
- In compression audit you get your files in smallest one without sacrificing the quality of files. Loading time depends on size of the files.
8] Enable compression for rapid page load time
- The smaller your files, the faster your pages will load. Compressing files is the easiest ways to decrease load times, and today, enabling compression with Gzip is considered standard practice.
- Gzip is a compressing tool, which is used to reduce the file size
9] Reduce image sizes which auto-decrease Page Load Time
- In your website speed load Images also play a major role. Images size often very large files, which can slow down page load times. So, always use less sized images for your website.
- Images are absolutely necessary, if you want to run a successful Business website, Blog Website, E-Commerce site etc.
- That means image compression is essential and this is vital whether your site includes an ecommerce store or not.
10] By reducing the number of plugins you can speed up site
- Plugins used to improve your WordPress site. Plugins also used for add custom functionality, clean up your code, improve user experience etc.
- They also use to reduce the need to mess with a lot of code, which makes for an especially user-friendly experience when working on your site.
- Having too many plugins installed can cause some problems.
- Problems like they can slow your site create security issues. And also cause crashes and other technical difficulties.
- If you want to improve site speed, there are two different ways to determine which plugins are impacting it.
- The first is to selectively disable plugins; they measure your site’s performance.
- And the second is experiment by deactivating your plugins one at a time and re-testing your speed.
11] Reduce redirects which play Vital Role in Website Page Load Time
- Redirects are often using to move and delete pages, and it is the best way to reduce issues with broken links.
- But having too many broken link can create additional HTTP requests, which can negatively impact on speed, and on mobile devices.
- To quickly identify all of the redirects currently on your site, You can start by using Screaming Frog
- If you find any redirect chains, you can edit your .htaccess file to point all of your redirected pages directly to the most recent versions of that page.
12] Reduce external lengthy scripts which help to reduce Page Load time
- By reopening the network tab in Chrome’s Developer Tools, You can know all of the external scripts that are adding requests.
- If your site is integrated with Social media like twitter which are used for sharing posts. This might also expand the number of HTTP requests your site makes.
- Of course, some of these extra features are worth the milli-seconds they increase to your load times. In this case, you can leave them as-is.
- To know which features are adding to your load times will help you better understand your site’s speed.
- It can also help you make more informed decisions about the features you choose to add to your site in the future.
13] Always Monitor Mobile page speed for your Website
- To monitoring your load times on desktop, you’ll want to pay particular observation to how well your site loads on mobile devices.
- Mobile user experience also now impacts all of your site’s rankings.
- To provide a fast, user-friendly site to mobile users is the best way
- To audit your own page speed, you can use Google’s Test My Site tool.
15] Setup less Advertisement Banner or Script on Website so its get Load Faster:
- Most of website owner adds many advertisements Script or banners on their website sidebar section. It increases the page load time & website get load slow.
- So it’s better to place less Script or Banners as much as you can for getting faster your page load time.
Slow loading websites frustrate users and negatively impact on publishers. So it’s also important to remember that while all of the tips in this article can help you achieve your site speed goals. Spend some time looking through your site’s speed test results and look for the issues that have the greatest impact on your load times. Focus on those high-impact factors and take the necessary steps to get them into shape.